Thursday, October 11, 2012

Don't be afraid.

Yesterday we had the pleasure of babysitting one of my great nieces, Aubrey. 
She is just a few months younger than our Mordecai so it makes for a fun filled day when she visits.
The three children often play together in the bedrooms with the toys.
I overheard Magdalena telling Aubrey, "It's okay. Don't be afraid." 
She said, "God is with you. You don't need to be afraid."

I could have cried.

"It's okay."

"Don't be afraid."

"God is with you."

"You don't need to be afraid."


After a day spent in angry, 
sorrowful prayer on Tuesday
 where I focused on
 all of God's plans which I need not understand,

THIS

is exactly what I needed to hear.

"God, I'm freaking out down here. 
This isn't going like I'd hoped. 
I'm afraid. 
I'm worried.
 I'm constantly thinking about The Child. 
Please help me."

and He comes back with
"I know."
"It's okay."
"Don't be afraid." 
"I'm with you."
"You don't need to be afraid."
"I've got this."
"Promise."
"Trust Me."



Peace.


It may not be apparent but I enjoy feeling in control of my life.
This adoption? I have no control over it.
None.
This is God's work.
I'm learning to do my small part
then try to enjoy the ride.
It's a daily struggle.
There are SO many Highs in this process.
And SO many Lows, as well.
We swing from pure joy
to overwhelming sorrow in seconds.

The joy of watching The Child
our son
walking unassisted on a video
when his file said that he could not walk unsupported.
Pure. Joy.
Then to know that it will be nearly a year before we can bring him home.
To know that he has to spend 
every
single
day
of his life
in the orphanage.
Without the love of a parent.
And to know that there is 
NOTHING 
we can do
 to help him any 
QUICKER.

Overwhelming sorrow
 doesn't fully convey the 
emotional turmoil
 that kind of knowledge brings with it.

All we have is God's plan.
The peace He affords us.
And to know that HE knows.
He's got this.
We don't need to be afraid.



No comments:

Post a Comment