Monday, January 27, 2014

Quickly, now.

I meant to write this nice long post full of pictures about how we spent the day before we left Bulgaria in the country's capitol, Sofia, and how we had excellent hosts who took us to church and lead us on a tour of the entire city, I think. It felt like that anyway.
I meant to write a post about our last visit with Ivan and how it absolutely destroyed us to leave him knowing it would be 4 to 6 months before we would see him again (if at all. no one can know how court will go.)
I meant to write about how our trip happened in November and we finally had court scheduled for December 6th. I meant to write about how our court was delayed due to paperwork issues on their end and how we sat for another ten days in limbo praying. I meant to write about what a relief it was to wake up December 17th and hear that we had passed court and that we had another son. How awesome it was to know Ivan finally had a family to grow up in.

I meant to write about all that. I really did.
But right now we are staring at leaving for our pick up trip in 5 days.
We will have Ivan in our hands in 7 days.

and I'm a little bit panicked.
Excited.
Thrilled.
Scared.
Anxious.

Mostly, though, we're just packing and praying.
Packing and praying and trying not to think about it.

Oh.
Oh, this is feeling very REAL all of the sudden.

No comments:

Post a Comment