Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's official!

We have decided to jump in and commit to the adoption process!  We spent a few days prayerfully considering one Child that We had seen on a photo listing site.  This Child has been heavy on my heart for well over a month but I wasn't sure what i was supposed to do with that.  Was I supposed to advocate for him?  Was I supposed to pray for him and his future family, like I do with so many of the children listed on that site?  Surely We were not supposed to be his forever family.  But after a week of discussion, prayer, discussion, and more prayer, We have decided to pursue an adoption of this specific Child.

It won't be easy.  Mainly because we don't have the funds ready for an adoption.  We were not preparing for an adoption.  We had this laid on us out of the blue and are in no way set up to fund an adoption.  I have no idea how we will pay all of the fee's involved.  So i'm going to leave those fee's up to God. He'll pay them.  He'll make sure we have the funds when we need them.  I'll just worry about doing my absolute best to do what needs to be done to bring this Child into our home.

I can't share any information about The Child yet.  We haven't even put in an application to the agency who has his file, yet.  There is an $800 fee due when turning in your application.  But we hope to be able to do that by the end of this week.

We are so excited to be sharing this news with everyone! And so glad that we have people to share the journey with!
Happy Sunday,
-Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Leslie, my prayers are with you, Charlie, and the rest of the family through the whole process. My best to you!!

    ReplyDelete