Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mailed the Agency Application!

The story about the Agency.
There's a story about why we're using the agency we're using.
This agency happens to have The Child's file.  That's how we chose this agency. Or, didn't choose this agency. That's how we came to the agency. Through The Child.
So there was no Agency shopping. This Agency is it because they have The Child.
Not much of a story, is it?

Monday, We emailed the agency letting them know that we are ready to begin the adoption process for  The Child.  The kind lady who answered my email directed me that our first step is to turn in an application to their agency where in She would then contact The Child's country to have them send us the paperwork to place him on hold while we complete our home study and dossier.

I emailed her back letting her know that we have the application filled out but we were working to gather the application fee to mail them in together.

Last night, around 10pm, i received an email from her.  She offered to let us go ahead and send in our application to get the process started to place The Child on hold for us BEFORE we paid the application fee.  She said we would need to pay the fee once he is placed on hold for us.

I don't know how long that gives us but it is a blessing and an unexpected kindness.
So Charlie and I sat down and filled out the Application together.  (The first time I typed it out myself but decided to start over and do it by hand instead.)   The application made it into the mail this afternoon.

That means that we will need about $2k within the next few weeks, though, to cover the Application fee and the initial agency fee.
Thankfully, We have fundraising opportunities planned all next month.

On Saturday, the 8th of September, We'll be having a Yard Sale to try and help raise the funds. If you'd like to help us by donating items to sell, we will gladly and thankfully accept anything you would like to offer us.  If you'd like to help us by coming to shop the Yard Sale, we will gladly and thankfully welcome you.  If you would like to do both, that's even better! =)  We already have donations of items from three other households so there will be a large selection to browse through.

And we will be there Saturday, So if you would like to just stop by and visit, please do!  I can talk more freely about our adoption journey in person than is allowed on blogs or Facebook.  So if you see me out and about and would like to let me tell you our story, Please Ask. =)

 I might even have a picture of The Child with me. =)

Also, On the 15th, we'll be continuing our Yard Sale if there are items left over from the week before or new items donated.

Each of these will be on my parents property by the roadside. "Down in the holler," as it were.  We're on Highway 91, half way between Hanceville and Holly Pond. We'll put signs out to help guide the way.

On the 14th, 15th and 16th, We'll have items in the Kids mart Consignment sale so if you swing by there and shop, you might end up helping us out as well.  I'm going to ask about putting the address to this blog on the tags for our items.  =)

And on the 22nd, We will have a table set up at the Craft/ Yard Sale at Heritage Park in Cullman.  We will have a selection of necklaces that my Mom and I are crocheting and also some cloth bracelets I've sewn and possibly a few other crafty items available.

The necklaces and bracelets are available NOW if anyone would be interested in getting one before the craft sale.  We're asking for a $15 donation for each item. You're welcome to leave a comment here or message me on Facebook to let me know if you'd like to see our crafts. =)

These are the ways I have planned to help us raise the funds to pay the fees but I know that, ultimately, it's up to God to provide for the fees.  We can not do this adoption on our own. We can not do it without Him.  I spoke with a sweet friend today who encouraged me.  She reminded me that this adoption can only happen in His hands.  It is much bigger than any one of us can handle on our own.  In that moment, speaking with her, I felt such a relief.  I am trying not to stress so early on but I know that there is a time constraint (We now have exactly 6 months to complete our home study and the dossier) and the issue of paying the fee's, both of which are a Very Big Deal. Too big for me and Charlie alone.  I'm going to continue doing whatever I need to do to get this adoption moving and I'm going to do these things trusting that it is God's plan and that He will provide.

He laid this Child on my heart.  He gave me sleepless nights spent in prayer begging Him what Little 'Ol Me was supposed to do.  He gave me time to work it out on my own.  He gave me the gentle nudge that encouraged me to share The Child with Charlie.  He dropped the, oh, so subtle hints that lead to our request for more information about The Child.  And now He has provided a way to get the process started even though we are woefully ill prepared to pay any of the fees by having the Agency offer so kindly to hold our Application until The Child is placed on hold for us.

I think God enjoys working with us when we are working with Him.

=)


No comments:

Post a Comment